The senator representing Lagos West senatorial district at the upper chamber in the National Assembly, Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) today donated Business Enterprising items as part of his poverty Alleviation and Empowerment programme to residents of 28 Local Government Areas & LCDAs of Lagos West.
The event which was held at Nigeria Police College, Ikeja witnessed representatives political leaders, religious leaders, community leaders, market leaders, trade Union leaders and other interest groups in the largest senatorial district of Nigeria.
Items distributed included:
– 28 units of 500KVA Transformers
– 28 Tricycles (Keke NAPEP)
– 330 Sewing Machines
– 484 Grinding Machines
– 28 Hair dryers
– 28 Clippers with sterilizers
– 28 Generators
– 28 Deep Freezers
– 28 Refrigerators
– 126 Vulcanizing Machines
All to residents of Lagos West senatorial district as part of his contribution towards poverty alleviation in Lagos and Nigeria in general.
Prior to this event, the senator has empowered people in the following areas:
– 185 Motorcycles for artisans
– 600 Youths trained in Fish Farming and kitted with fingerlings, feeds and financial support
– 197 Youths trained in Phone repair with start up kits and financial support
– 150 Ladies trained on Make – Up program with start up kits and financial support.
– 147 Women trained on Hair Dressing and kitted with Hair dryers and financial support.
– 183 Youth and Women trained in Soap Making and kitted with start up chemicals and financial support
-Information & Communication Technology training for selected School’s Teachers at 6 Centres in Lagos West.
In his speech, the senator apologised for the delay in the programme which was originally planned to hold in 2020 but postponed due to COVID-19 global pandemic. He however charged the people to always ask their representatives for the dividends of democracy as ” This is not the time to solicit support for 2023 but a time to reward the people for their support during 2019 elections”
He however assured the people to remain focussed with the party APC as he thanked the leaders for the trust they have in him particularly Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and all the APC leaders and members who gave the opportunity to represent Lagos West for the second term in the senate.
The programme was held in a low key with strict compliance with COVID-19 protocols and had in attendance, distinguished party leaders and representatives in government like, Chief Tunde Balogun ( APC Chairman in Lagos State), Alhaji Rabiu Oluwa ( GAC member in Lagos state) etc.