Fuel The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) yesterday insisted it will not rescind its decision to call out Nigerian workers on January 27 over the Federal Government’s decision to stop paying fuel subsidy by June.
Finance, Budget and National Planning Minister, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, had sometimes last year said the government would no longer bear the subsidy burden.
But, reacting on a live Channels’ Television programme, ‘Politics Today’, yesterday, the NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, said the organised Labour had made its intention known on the matter.
According to him, there was no justification whatsoever for the removal.
He said Nigerian workers were being mobilised to go on the planned rally against the decision next Thursday.
Wabba, who noted that some stakeholders were still consulting with the union, said the only thing that could make it shelve the planned protest was for the government to suspend the decision.
The NLC chief noted that before the national protest, the labour union would hold protest rallies in all the 36 states of Nigeria on January 27 against the subsidy removal